This year, Buena Park Neighbors is working to make sure that people who want to celebrate Halloween are doing so in a safe manner. You can read the full article on Mayor Lightfoot’s guidance on Halloween celebrations here, but important guidelines to note are:
- Everyone, including people giving out candy, must wear a face covering.
- For those homes giving out candy, leave a light on or put a sign up in your window indicating that your home is participating in safe trick-or-treating.
- Maintain social distancing and have hand sanitizer available.
- Keep it moving — don’t congregate in front of one stoop or on the sidewalk.
- Only eat candy after thorough hand washing when they get home.
- No haunted houses, due to their potential germ-spreading.
- Keep trick-or-treating crews small, specifically six people or fewer. Sticking to members of your household or quarantine “bubble” is recommended.
- No house parties.
Buena Park Neighbors will be onsite on Saturday, October 31st from 5-8pm on Kenmore to help maintain one-way traffic and encourage masks for all Trick-or-Treaters. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete this form and return by Friday, October 23rd.
We will also still hold our annual Halloween Decorating Contest and will award a prize to the Best Decorated House on Kenmore!
Buena Park is Good Living by the Lake. It is a welcoming community that bustles with diverse residents who are active and dedicated to improving the quality of life for one another.