The History of Hutchinson Street

The two-block stretch of Hutchinson Street was a part of the parcel of land James Waller bought in 1850. This parcel was outside of the city of Chicago in an area commonly known as Lakeview. Later, Lakeview was incorporated as a city in 1887. Two years later (1889), Lakeview was annexed by the city of …

The History of Hutchinson Street Read More »