Posted in Uncategorized on November 30, 2010 |
Celebrate the Holiday Season at BPN’s General Meeting and Holiday Party on December 9th
7 pm – 9 pm
4000 N. Sheridan
Come join your neighbors for a fun-filled evening in the ‘hood. The evening will kick off with a brief update on what BPN has been up to, followed by merry-making to toast the holiday season. We will also be accepting donations for our 2010 Holiday Giving Program, which will benefit children’s programs at the Chicago Park District’s Gill Park facility (details to come).
All are welcome, so grab a few neighbors and head to the Holiday Club. As the saying goes, the more the merrier!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Uncategorized on November 9, 2010 |
The 13th Annual Buena Pumpkin Neighbors Trick-or-Treating event was a huge success! Well over 500 little ghosts and ghoulies donned costumes and joined in the fun at this spook-tacular annual event.
We would like to thank the myriad of people who made this event a success, including:
– The neighbors along Kenmore and Buena who decorated their buildings and tirelessly handed out candy to the costumed masses
- The army of volunteers who helped spread the word about the event, made Buena Circle Park look boo-tiful, and kept the streets safe
- Lisa Roebke, who designed the event poster, and Lou Bart, who designed the George Ferak Decorations Award and the fliers for participating buildings
- The Chicago Police Department and 46th Ward Streets and Sanitation Department for helping ensure the safety of event participants
- The Chicago Park District for allowing us to haunt Buena Circle Park for yet another year
- St. Mary of the Lake Church for providing volunteers with parking during the event
- Neighbors and Rep. Quigley who donated candy for Buena Park Neighbors to hand out in the park.
We would also like to thank the following for contributing financially to the event:
- Standard Bank, who paid for the balloons and glow sticks that proved to be a huge hit with kids and parents alike
- Buena Park Neighbors members, whose membership dues helped turn Buena Circle Park into a haunted graveyard
- Pizza Rustica, who provided a gift certificate for the George Ferak Halloween Decorations Award prize
We had so much fun we can’t wait for Halloween 2011!
Read Full Post »